The Tommy Gun or Thompson submachine gun is one of the weapons in ZombsRoyale.io, it spawns as Rare and Epic.
Info on Tommy Gun[edit | edit source]
The Tommy Gun is an AR-like SMG Unique, with more range than a normal SMG, but less than an AR. It has 50 ammo in each reload, giving you lots of time with no reloads interrupting a fight.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If you want to have a weapon that is great for close range and deals more damage than the MP5, then have fun using the Tommy Gun, because close-range is where it will shine.
- The Tommy Gun is one of the weapons that have the highest DPS of any other gun. This makes it useful for quick killing and a useful backup for weapons with better damage such as Shotguns and Snipers.
- Sometimes, the Tommy Gun will be effective at semi-close range. Although the damage will be weaker, the ROF can make up to it very well and can be useful for destroying enemies right before they can get far away enough.
- Ammo can be wasted fairly fast since the Tommy Gun shoots at an overwhelming speed. Try to hold 150+ bullets to make sure you are prepared, otherwise, the magazine has 50 ammo which is bigger than that of an AR's, therefore, it can be used longer without reloading.
- Since its DPS is so high, enemies will have a harder time covering themselves from the Tommy Gun, as it can easily push through obstacles in seconds which makes low health players very easy kills.
- The Tommy Gun's only weakness is its short range range, where an AR or Sniper can outclass it. If possible, try to get close to players who are holding Snipers (they are slowed down from holding a Sniper, make sure to stafe!) and attack them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the first and only gun to be named off a person (in this case John T. Thompson).
- This has the most nicknames of any gun in the game (10 nicknames: "Tommy Gun", "Annihilator", "Chicago Typewriter", "Chicago Piano", "Chicago Style", "Chicago Organ Grinder", "Trench Broom", "Trench Sweeper", "The Chopper", and simply "The Thompson") (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun)
- The Tommy Gun is the second gun to not go above epic in terms of rarity, it is also the only SMG to not have a legendary level/various levels apart from legendary along with the P90 and RPG (now it can be found as mythic possibly ONLY in Mystery Mode (RPG).
- The first was the Revolver, which is now unavailable unless it's Weapons Race (2nd weapon).
- For some reason, it is probably true that Rare and Epic Tommy Guns are more common than Uncommons and Commons. It is unknown if it's a glitch.
- Now, the Tommies only spawn as Epics and Rares.